Our Heritage

History

Pio Costa Enterprises, since the 50’s has been evolving. The founder, Anthony Pio Costa Sr., left a legacy of varied interests; including ownership of two race tracks, a diner, a land development company, Melody Top Jazz in the Woods, and a paving business, to name a few.

After his untimely death in 1974, Anthony Pio Costa III continued his legacy. Over the course of years, buildings were constructed to add to the portfolio. The excavating business led to the construction of the sand and gravel quarry. Carmen Pio Costa came on board after his graduation from University of Hartford in 2002. Tony says, somewhere along the way, Carmen took the helm. With his innovative management talent, business exceeds our expectations. 

Presently our focus has become the development of large country estates in Montville. This project will be known as Sky Top Estates, which is presently the home of Anthony III. There are other focal points under consideration including a 600 unit apartment development in Hampton Township. Hampton Square and Hampton Crossings will also contain retail and affordable housing units as part of the project. Also envisioned are apartment and affordable housing in West Caldwell, Cobblestone Plaza. The project is named after Anthony Senior, known as Cobblestone King, as a result of bringing granite curbing into West Essex.

We are all proud to announce our green component. New solar farms are on the horizon in Independence Township. Also we have developed wetland banks to offset any environmental damage as a result of highway and other worthwhile projects. 

Anthony IV is our money guy as he helps the family and his clients reach financial security.

Tony Senior is proud of the family and recognizes the talent of the 3rd  generation.

Timeline

1950's
Anthony Pio Costa II envisions the Junction Shopping Center.
Purchases land which would later become The Junction.
1950's
1960
Ground Breaking of The Junction.
The concept transforms into a mixed used commercial complex.
1960
1984
The final building and corporate headquarters is built.
The continuation of the development and expansion of the Pio Costa Junction is finalized under the direction of Anthony Pio Costa the 3rd.
1984